I spent most of Sunday working on my blog, implementing a new layout. I’m quite pleased with the results.
I adapted the theme from the delight model listed in WordPress’s theme directory. It’s a nice looking theme and has a lot more white space than my previous layout. In my Comp Sci courses last year I had noticed that I much prefered white/green text on a black background – something about that scheme seems easier on the eyes when you are scanning through lines of code.
But I guess that doesn’t really carry over to text that you are reading straight through for content. The new layout does look quite clean. I may mess around with some of the details, but I don’t think I’ll be shopping around for a totally new layout again.